My dear friend Grace left a giant bag of carrots with me and I needed something creative to do with them.
Egg Free, Oil Free, Sugar Free, Gluten Free, Allergy Free, Antibody Free , “Raschel” Proof
- 80 grams Rolled Oats
- 40 grams Cassava Flour – or other gluten free alternative
- 13 grams Flax seed Meal
- 2/3 tablespoon Baking Powder
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1.5 tsp Ground Turmeric
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 40 grams Walnut Pieces ,dried cranberries are an optional add on
- 24 grams Sugar Free Coconut Flakes
- 142 grams Shredded Carrot
- 60 grams Mushed Banana or if you want something sweeter
- 84 grams Sunflower Butter, No Sugar Added
- 2 grams Stevia
- If you want something sweet, feel free to add
- Preheat oven to 350
- Mix up flax seed “egg”. This is an egg alternative that makes a sticky egg-like mixture. 4 tbsp warm water mixed with 13 grams of flax seed meal. Mix and let sit for 10 minutes until it gels.
- Shred Carrots if needed.
- Mix all dry ingredients.
- Add wet ingredients.
- Fold in carrots, walnuts and coconut.
- Scoop onto pan lined with parchment paper.
- Bake 13-17 minutes or golden brown.
- Store in the refrigerator.
- These will only last 1 week before they start to ferment.
Things from the cabinets and refrigerator that mix well together and make a great side dish.
Scoop and flattened onto parchment paper