It is that time of year when all the sweets are out to get me. I created this easy Apple Pie Oatmeal recipe that serves as a dessert or a delicious breakfast.
- 45 grams of Trader Joe’s rolled oats
- 1/3 Serving of NOatmeal (I have a large quantity of this meal prepped)
- 2 grams of cinnamon
- 2 grams of stevia
- 130 grams of sliced apples
- OPTIONAL: 32 grams of sunflower butter (not included in macros)
- Cut up apple into small pieces.
- Add NOatmeal and oats to bowl.
- Roll in apple pieces.
- Add cinnamon and Stevia.
- Add water to desired “soupiness”
- Microwave for about 2.5-3 minutes on high or until the apple pieces are just slightly tender.
- OPTIONAL: Add sunflower butter and microwave for an additional 30 seconds.
Post workout this is a great carbohydrate replenishment that is high in fiber. You can even mix in some vanilla protein powder and bring the protein levels up! Very flexible and delicious! Also, this is easy to travel with.