I had an extra venison roast and I love tacos and bowls. This seemed like a fantastic solution! Lean, delicious and multiple uses for a large chunk of meat.
- 840 grams of raw venison roast
- 2 cups bone broth
- 300 grams onion
- 1 tsp coconut sugar
- 1 tsp coriander
- 30 grams minced garlic
- 1 large lime juice
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tbsp oregano
- 1 tsp cayenne
- 1.5 tbsp chili powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp cumin
Other taco building ingredients:
- corn tortillas
- Thaw meat.
- Place meat in a crock pot.
- Cut up onion to desired shape and put around the meat.
- Pour bone broth over the top.
- Secure lid, turn on high, set a timer for 8 hours and walk away.
- After 8 hours, pull apart with a fork and serve either as a taco or a burrito bowl. The broth is fantastic over some rice!
Gluten free, high protein, low carb solution. Make the entire roast and freeze off half for a meal 1 week later. Possibly use the first half as taco and the second half as burrito bowls.