Take your snacking to a new level with these crispy alternatives!
1 can of chickpeas
8 grams oil of choice
1/8 tsp sea salt
1/8 tsp southwest/chipotle seasoning of choice
Cayenne pepper (optional and to flavor preference)
1. Drain chickpeas and let dry overnight (they will not get crispy if you don’t let them dry).
To make them extra crispy you can skin them. This is a tedious task. The best way I found so far is to put them on a papertowel and then with a dry papertowl rub in a circle for 30 seconds. The skins come off slightly and then you can pull them out. The beans are shiny under the coats.
2. Preheat oven to 350.
3. Place chickpeas in a bowl then coat peas with your choice of oil.
4. Once coated, add seasoning and stir. I threw them all in a pot and just give the entire thing a swirl until they were coated.
5. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper or aluminum foil.
6. Spread coated chickpeas on pan evenly.
7. Bake for 50 minutes. Let cool and EAT!
8. Store in an open container, this is critical so you do not trap moisture inside with the beans. This way they stay crispy.
One thought on “Crispy Chipotle Chickpeas”