Stuffed Butternut Squash
Sweet and Spicy. A powerful combination in this flavorful gluten free, vegan and antibody free dish.
357 cal /serving : 69C | 6F | 10P | 9Fib
Ingredients: (serves 6)
- 3 SMALL butternut squash or 2 large (After scooping out some of the innards to make space for the “stuffing” it was 200g of squash per side.
- 160g, 1 cup of dry jasmine rice
- 250g, 1 can of black beans
- 250g, 1 can of sweet corn
- 1, 16oz jar of salsa, lime flavored is the one I picked
- 18g of fresh cilantro
- 1tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1.5 avocado or 23g avocado per serving (1/4)
- 56g goat cheese, 13g per serving
- Preheat oven to 400
- Wash the squash and cut them in half the long way, scoop out seeds/innards
- Place face up on a cookie sheet, I place aluminum foil down because the sugars can spill onto the sides
- Bake squash for about 1 hour or until soft/golden.
- Prepare stuffing while squash is cooking.
5. Cook rice as instructed.
6. Rinse and drain black beans, and corn.
7. Chop cilantro.
8. Mix rice, jar of salsa, cilantro, black beans, corn and spices together.
Once the squash is cooked, scoop out some of the inside to allow space for the stuffing.
Layer stuffing into the squash and top with goat cheese or cheese of choice with avocado.
More from Edgeless