I bought nutritional yeast flakes and so I’m writing a series of recipes that use them up. I am loving it!
This was an easy recipe that adds a lot of flavor to basically anything you want to put it on.
Makes 6 servings of sauce
119 Calories | 6.2C, 6.4F, 9.2P, 4.9Fib (Macros for just for the sauce)
- 28g coconut oil
- 320g unsweetened almond milk
- 2g ground cumin
- 2g ground paprika
- 2g chili powder
- 1g black pepper
- Lemon juice
- 100g nutritional yeast flakes (adds the nutty/cheesy flavor)
- Salt to taste at time of serving
- How to:
- In a pot, measure out oil.
- In the same pot, add almond milk or milk of choice.
- Place on stove and begin to simmer.
- Once at a simmer, add spices and lemon juice.
- Simmer for about 2 mins (enough time to wash a few dishes or begin to cook a spaghetti squash).
- Add nutritional yeast flakes.
- Whisk the mixture so there are no chunks of yeast.
- Let thicken for about 1-3 minutes.
- Portion or serve.
I added this to spaghetti squash (still vegan) and then I added ground turkey (not vegan but delicious!)